The product is designed to provide basic medical cover for low income organized groups. It is a cost-effective medical aid solution that provides better access to primary
healthcare, lower out-of-pocket expenses, and greater peace of mind to farmers, their farm workers, and small-scale miners.
Where usage is considered excessive the Society reserves the right to restrict usage or recommend cost effective treatment options.
The following benefits are paid at to tariff.
- General practitioners.
- Prescribed drugs.
- Basic Radiology Services limited to public facilities.
- Basic Pathology Services limited to public facilities.
- Hospitalisation limited to Government/Mission hospitals, municipal clinics and industrial clinics.
- Optical subject to 12 months waiting period.
- Dental subject to 6 months waiting period.
The following waiting periods are waived for members joining as groups of 5 principal members and above:
The following benefit waiting periods apply to those joining the Society for the first time or where there has been a lapse in the membership. The Society reserves the right to waive waiting periods for members transferring from AHFoZ affiliated medical aid societies. These waiting periods include:
- GP Consultation
- Casualty Consultation
- Drugs (Acute)
- General Radiology (Public facilities)
- Basic Pathology (Public facilities
Four months for:-
- A mandatory four (4) months waiting period will apply to all new individual members or groups with principal members of less than 5.
Six months for:
- Specialist treatment
- MRI, CT scans and Nuclear medicine
- Admission or treatment at a hospital
- Dental treatment
- Upgrading emigration to a higher package
Nine months for:
One (1) year for:
- Spectacles/Contact lenses
Claims will be paid based on Cimas tariffs paid in full up to sub-limit.