Benefit limits for the Medexec Package are paid per beneficiary per membership year and accrue from the date the beneficiary joins the Society, subject to waiting periods. Awards are made at Cimas tariffs. All benefits are paid up to applicable sublimits.
Where usage is considered excessive the Society reserves the right to restrict usage or recommend cost effective treatment options.
- Hospitalisation in a Private hospital.
- In hospital drugs.
- General practitioners.
- Specialist treatment is covered upon referral by a primary care service provider.
- Pathology and Radiology services at Private and Government facilities.
- Blood Transfusion Services (BTS).
Benefit covers prescription drugs and is paid at the Cimas tariff up to an annual family limit.
- Drugs supplied on prescription outside Zimbabwe are paid at the Cimas award.
- Members can access generic prescription drugs or equivalent on the Society’s network of pharmacies.
Benefit is paid to tariff up to package sublimit once every two (2) year period
- It caters for either lenses, frames or contact lenses.
- Eye tests are paid to tariff once every year.
Maternity is paid to tariff
- It caters for maternity care, delivery and hospitalisation. The Society covers nine (9) antenatal and fve (5) postnatal visits
- Two (2) antenatal ultra-sound scans
This caters for general and preventive dentistry up to package sublimit.
The following benefts are subject to pre-authorisation: inlays, root treatment, crowns, bridges, dentures and implants.
Prosthetics and Applicances
Awards are paid up to tariff subject to available sublimit for:
- Internal Prosthetics
- External Prosthetics
- Ostomy bags
- Hearing aid repairs
- Hearing aids paid to tariff subject to sublimit.
- Glucometers paid to tariff subject to sublimit.
This caters for Occupational and Speech therapy, Clinical Psychology, Social Work and Physiotherapy. Awards are paid to tariff up to the package sublimit.
This caters for consultation by a psychiatrist. Awards are paid to tariff subject to available sublimit.
Emergency Evacuation Services
Covered for life threatening situations only
- Road ambulance service is paid to tariff.
- Air evacuation is paid to tariff.
Awards are paid to tariff subject to prior-authorisation
- Frail Care Homes for providing constant care nursing.
- Medical auxiliary services.
- Hospital transfers
- Family Planning administered by a primary care provider (pre-authorisation is not required)
This caters for Chiropody, Chiropractic, Homeopathy, Osteopathy and Naturopathy provided the suppliers are registered in terms of the appropriate regulations. Awards are paid up to tariff subject to available sublimit.
The following benefit waiting periods apply to those joining the Society for the first time or where there has been a lapse in the membership. The Society reserves the right to waive waiting periods for members transferring from AHFoZ affiliated medical aid societies. These waiting periods include:
Three months for:-
- A mandatory three (3) months waiting period will apply to all new members
Six months for:
- Specialist treatment
- MRI, CT scans and Nuclear medicine
- Admission or treatment at a hospital
- Dental treatment
Nine months for:
One (1) year for:
- Homes providing constant nursing care
- Foreign Treatment
- Spectacles/Contact lenses
Two (2) years for:
- All internal prosthetic devices
- Oncology benefit
- Pre-existing chronic condition
Four (4) Years for:
- Orthodontic treatment
- For orthodontic work, members must seek prior-authorisation from the Society before accessing treatment.
- The age limit for the benefit is 18 years
- To access treatment for chronic conditions members need to register with the Society’s Managed Care department. The Society does not guarantee full cover where a member/service provider does not seek pre-authorisation before accessing services.