Our most popular package, which provides access to any private health facility in the country. It is generally popular with high income groups, enterprising individuals, and both junior & senior management.
- Hospitalization in a Private Hospital is paid at 100% up to a two bedded ward.
- Hospitalization in a Government, Mission or Municipal hospital including Parirenyatwa is paid in full.
- In-hospital drugs are paid in full whilst in a Private, Government, municipal or Mission hospital (To-Take-Out Drugs are paid up to 7 days stock).
- Ambulance Service:- Private Critical Care Ambulance is fully covered for life threatening situations only.
- General practitioners.
- Specialist Treatment Services by Private/Government specialists.
- Pathology and Radiology Services at Private/Government facilities.
- Blood Transfusion Services (BTS) (20% co-payment applies).
- There is an Annual Family Limit to cover prescription drugs. Benefit limits depend on your family size and are available to any beneficiary registered under a principal member. Drugs supplied on prescription outside Zimbabwe are paid at 75% of cost up to the Annual Family Limit. Members can access generic prescription drugs on the Society’s Drug Facility arrangement with some pharmacies. Drugs are paid at approved Medical Aid Award rate.
- The benefit is paid at 100% of cost up to the package limit every three (3)year period.
- It caters for lenses, frames and contact lenses. Eye tests are paid for in full at AFHoZ rates up to an annual limit.
- Maternity is generally paid at 70% of AHFoZ rates. It caters for maternity care and delivery. Hospitalization is paid in full up to AHFoZ rates. Antenatal and postnatal visits are restricted to nine (9) and five (5) respectively. Two (2) antenatal Ultra Sound Scans.
- This caters for general and preventive dentistry including inlays, root treatment, fillings, crowns and bridges, implants and orthodontic work at Cimas rates. Awards are paid up to an annual limit.
- Prior authorization is required for crowns, bridges, dentures and orthodontic treatment.
- This caters for Occupational and Speech Therapy, Clinical Psychology, Social Work and Physiotherapy. Awards are paid up to an annual limit.
- Caters for consultation by a specialist psychiatrist. Awards are paid at AHFoZ rates up to annual limit.
Prosthetics and Appliances
Awards are paid up to an Annual Limit
- Internal prostheses paid at 90% of cost
- External prostheses paid at 80% of cost
- Hearing aid repairs paid at 80% of cost
- Nebulisers paid at 50% of cost
- Ostomy bags paid at 80% of cost
- Miscellaneous appliances paid at 50% of cost
- Hearing Aids paid at 80% of cost
- Glucometers paid at 80% of cost
- This caters for Chiropody, Chiropractic, Homeopathy, Osteopathy and Naturopathy provising the suppliers are registered under the appropriate regulations. Awards are paid at AHFoZ rates up to an annual limit.
Awards are paid up to an Annual Limit
- Air Evacuation
- Homes Providing Constant Nursing Care
- Homes for the disabled
- Hospital transfers
- Family Planning
Global Travel Cover (GTC)
- Cimas Zimbabwe in association with HEALTHGUARD International (Pty) Ltd R.S.A. offers the GTC to any person travelling outside their country of usual residence. This GTC replaces the old Cimas travel Cover (CTC). It is available on application to both Cimas and non-Cimas members.
Treatment unavailable in Zimbabwe
- For treatment not available in Zimbabwe the Society will pay 70% of cost up to 50% of Global limit provided approval is obtained from Cimas before the treatment is rendered.
- Where prior authorization is not obtained, claims will be refunded at 50% of cost up to 50% of the Annual Global Limit.
- Foreign claims must be submitted for payment within a period of six (6) months from date of treatment.
Studymate Health Cover
- StudyMate is an international student plan that offers comprehensive medical aid cover for students studying outside their country of usual residence (See the Study Mate Brochure for detailed information)
The following benefit waiting periods shall apply to those who will be joining the Society for the first time or where there has been a lapse in membership.
A mandatory three (3) months waiting period will apply to all new members.
Subject to the foregoing, where a member downgrades to lower packages, these waiting periods will not apply.
Six months for:-
- Specialist treatment
- MRI, CT scans, and Nuclear medicine
- Admission or treatment at a hospital
- Upgrading to a higher package
- Dental treatment
Nine months for:-
One year for:-
- Homes providing constant nursing care
- Specialist Foreign Treatment
- Spectacles/Contact Lenses
Two years for:-
- All internal prosthetic devices
- Chronic Diseases Add- On
- All conditions with a two (2) year waiting period listed above or needing the remedies set out above have no cover. Cover is subject to Prior-Authorisation by the Society. Prior-Authorisation must be sought at all times before a service is enjoyed.
Five years for:-
- Ex-Gratia Chronic Drug Award
- Orthodontic treatment
*Members must apply to the Society for ex-gratia chronic medication.
* For orthodontic work, members must seek Prior-Authorisation from the Society before accessing treatment.
- For all instances requiring prior-authorisation, members must approach the Society’s Marketing and Client Services Department. The Marketing and Client Services Department will readily explain the procedure and factors considered in granting or withholding such authorization. Members that require information should approach this department.
- Members may also approach the Marketing and Client Services Department if they have any other queries or concerns about these benefits, waiting periods or any terms herein.